Dear Fayetteville ISD Board of Trustee Applicant,
Thank you for your consideration in becoming a part of the Fayetteville ISD Board of Trustees. Enclosed you will find a candidate’s application packet. Please fill out the application and sign in the presence of a notary and return to Fayetteville ISD. The last day to file an application for the election is February 16, 2018 at 5:00 p.m.
In the upcoming May 5, 2018 election there will be two places for three (3) year terms and one place for an unexpired one (1) year term open for the election. Please indicate Place 2, Place 6, or Place 3 when filling out your application. Also, you may act as your own treasurer and put your personal information on the treasurer form.
Who is eligible to serve as a school board member?
There are a number of requirements to be eligible for election, a local school board candidate must be:
(1) Be a United States citizen;
(2) Be 18 years of age or older on the first day of the term to be filled at the election or on the date of appointment, as applicable;
(3) Have not been determined by a final judgment of a court exercising probate jurisdiction to be:
(A) totally mentally incapacitated; or
(B) partially mentally incapacitated without the right to vote;
(4) Have not been finally convicted of a felony from which the person has not been pardoned or otherwise released from the resulting disabilities;
(5) A qualified/registered voter.
(6) A resident of the state for 12 months before the deadline.
(7) A resident of the district he or she desires to represent for six months before the filing deadline.
Applicants can find answers to most of their questions either in the instructions to the forms or in the applicable Ethics Commission campaign finance guide. For further information, applicants may call the Ethics Commission at 1-800-325-8506 or www.ethics.state.tx.us.
Positions up for Election:
Place 2: Dawn Supak (3 year term)
Place 6: Vincent Orsak (3 year term)
Place 3: Lanny Conway (1 year unexpired term)
Important dates to remember:
January 17, 2018 First day to file an application for a place on the ballot
February 16, 2018 Deadline to file application for a place on the ballot (5:00 pm)
February 20, 2018 Deadline for write-in candidates to file (5:00 pm)
April 5, 2018 Last day to register to vote
April 23, 2018 First day to vote early in person
May 1, 2018 Last day to vote early by personal appearance
May 5, 2018 Election Day
May 8, 2018 First day to conduct official canvass
May 16, 2018 Last day to conduct canvass