Dear Fayetteville ISD Board of Trustee Applicant,
Thank you for your consideration in becoming a part of the Fayetteville ISD Board of Trustees. Enclosed you will find a candidate’s application packet. Please fill out the application and sign in the presence of a notary and return to Fayetteville ISD. The last day to file an application for the election is February 17, 2017 at 5:00 p.m.
In the upcoming May 6, 2017 election there will be three places open for the election. Please indicate Place 1, Place 4, or Place 5 when filling out your application. Also, you may act as your own treasurer and put your personal information on the treasurer form.
Who is eligible to serve as a school board member?
There are a number of requirements to be eligible for election, a local school board candidate must be:
(1) Be a United States citizen;
(2) Be 18 years of age or older on the first day of the term to be filled at the election or on the date of appointment, as applicable;
(3) Have not been determined by a final judgment of a court exercising probate jurisdiction to be:
(A) totally mentally incapacitated; or
(B) partially mentally incapacitated without the right to vote;
(4) Have not been finally convicted of a felony from which the person has not been pardoned or otherwise released from the resulting disabilities;
(5) A qualified/registered voter.
(6) A resident of the state for 12 months before the deadline.
(7) A resident of the district he or she desires to represent for six months before the filing deadline.
Applicants can find answers to most of their questions either in the instructions to the forms or in the applicable Ethics Commission campaign finance guide. For further information, applicants may call the Ethics Commission at 1-800-325-8506 or www.ethics.state.tx.us.
Positions up for Election:
Place 1: Lisa Simpson
Place 4: Kayla Kaspar
Place 5: Colby Havel
Important dates to remember:
January 18, 2017 First day to file an application for a place on the ballot
February 17, 2017 Deadline to file application for a place on the ballot (5:00 pm)
February 21, 2017 Deadline for write-in candidates to file (5:00 pm)
February 24, 2017 Last day for a candidate to withdraw
April 6, 2017 Last day to register to vote
April 24, 2017 First day to vote early in person
May 2, 2017 Last day to vote early by personal appearance
May 6, 2017 Election Day
May 9, 2017 First day to conduct official canvass
May 17, 2017 Last day to conduct canvass